Squash is my sport of choice these days and I think a good warm-up is imperative to get your mind and body ready for the match.
3 Common injuries:
1. Low back strain
2. Achilles rupture or Achilles tendinopathy
3. Groin pull
4 ways to reduce injuries
1. Strength train – a proven way to reduce injury
2. A good warm-up – don’t just get your heart rate up, do movements that will prepare your body for the match ahead
3. Have an assessment done by a physio and address areas of weakness
4. Rest and listen to your body. If somethings feels painful or sore, take a day or two away from the court and try other forms of exercise (think back to #1 – strength train).
Need some more ideas? Check out Warm-up #2.