From January 15 – February 15th 2019 I had 12 clients take part in an exercise and nutrition challenge. I asked them to record as much of what they ate as possible to help them reflect on their eating habits and I provided general nutrition information as well as specific questions and suggestions for each of them. Below is a list of the resources and links I shared with the group.
- Check out this list on the 10 principles of Intuitive eating. It is not the cleanest website but the messaging is solid.
- I work in healthcare…and on the edge of wellness. I think food and exercise are wonderful but I am hyper aware of the downfalls of wellness. Read this recent globe and mail opinion piece on the Cult of wellness
- A good read on listening to hunger and full cues
- Canadas new food guide: The news always likes to take to shots but the material in this guide is on point. A nice liberal, paternal nudge for good sensible eating. I am on board.
- An Article on BJ Fogg’s model of tiny habits. The tiny habits model applies well to food. Create a good environment, make small changes, gain success, and build.
Two great TED talks
- Dan Barber on Fish – Dan is intense but I love his passion. All his videos are intriguing.
- Jamie Oliver